Shallow Channel Slotted
- Steel with a Minimum yield strength 280 N/mm.
- Beams are assumed to be simply supported.
- Load and deflection are calculated using a safety factor of 1.6 and an allowable stress of 175 N/mm.
- Results given are for Pre-galvanized steel, Hot dipped galvanized will reduce the stress due to the heat treatment and reduce the loading in the chart by a factor of approx. 18%.
- Beam loads are calculated from the column face and effective length in BS5950.
The tables show: 1) The max safe working load, 2) the load to give 1/200 deflection 3) load to give 1/360 deflection – the deflection used will depend on the installation designer. This also applies to Point and UDL loads.
Vantrunk's Intelok Channel comes with serrations on its return flanges to significantly enhance slip resistance.