Deep Channel Slotted
- Steel with a Minimum yield strength 280 N/mm.
- Beams are assumed to be simply supported.
- Load and deflection are calculated using a safety factor of 1.6 and an allowable stress of 175 N/mm.
- Results given are for Pre-galvanized steel, Hot dipped galvanized will reduce the stress due to the heat treatment and reduce the loading in the chart by a factor of approx. 18%.
- Beam loads are calculated from the column face and effective length in BS5950.
The tables show: 1) The max safe working load, 2) the load to give 1/200 deflection 3) load to give 1/360 deflection – the deflection used will depend on the installation designer. • This also applies to Point and UDL loads.
Vantrunk's Intelok Channel comes with serrations on its return flanges to significantly enhance slip resistance.